Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Just My Thing

I'm pretty secure in my statement that OCD is the new black. Not in an insensitive way but I wholeheartedly feel that currently everyone's odd little quirks, rituals, and then full-blown neurosis are being embraced and brought to the forefront...and not just among friends or Dr. Gupta on CNN.

Everyone has their thing...whether it be checking your alarm clock 10 times even when you know the time is correct, or getting out of bed to make sure the oven is off or the door is locked, maybe you have to ding everyone's glass when you do a cheers among friends. Most of the time, if noticed or discussed the accused nut usually just shrugs and says, "i dunno, i know it's weird and doesn't make sense, it's just my thing..."

What's your thing? What is your odd ritual that may be dismissed by others but remains part of your core? Share, comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment